Monday, April 13, 2020

The Recluse Shines

Every day is exactly the same.
I wake up around 6:30 a.m.
get in the tub
read the latest horrific news
about the pandemic
and how it's still continuing
to rapidly spread across the world
while we all sit in isolation, under quarantine.
My home country of The United States
became number one in infections
as of yesterday.
USA NUMBER ONE!
I read about all that and get out of the steaming hot bath.
I smoke a bowl of weed and rub one out real quick.
Then I make my bed and watch something on T.V.
from one of my handful of streaming subscriptions.
Around noon
I get anxious and start wanting a drink.
Around four or five in the afternoon
I'll finally walk up to the corner store
and get whatever booze I want for the night.
Either Miller High Life or White Claws.
I come home
walking past my Mother with my black plastic bag
of whatever cans I got.
Ever since this virus shit started
she's stopped complaining about my drinking so much.
I go to my room.
Drink.
Smoke.
Play video games.
Completely try to escape my own mind.
It's all I can do to not completely go crazy.
Once I'm cross-faded enough
and I got a good buzz going strong
then I'll do one of three things:
1. Take a book outside, smoke cigarettes, and read.
2. Sit outside, smoke cigarettes, and play either Jeopardy or 8-Ball Billiards on my phone.
3. Take the typewriter outside, smoke cigarettes, and write something like this.
Tonight, I was lucky.
Tonight I got number 3.
Tomorrow, it starts all over again.
A daily game show
where no one ever really wins
but at it's best
I get door number 3
and am rewarded with a few good lines.
Honestly, I can't complain.
Because 
under this world-wide quarantine
the recluse shines
brightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home