Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sex & Chowder

I was in town for exactly
four days and four nights.
That first day
we made love
two times before leaving the house
cooked up a nice little breakfast scramble for us both.
We watched Jeopardy
and she got a lady boner
watching me get most of the questions right.
She was a college educated, woman
I was a high school dropout, self-taught & streetwise, little fucker.
So I'm sure that was a bit of a surprise.
We hit the road for
Astoria on the Oregon coast.
Filming location of 'Kindergarten Cop' & 'Goonies'
I thought, in my vidiot brain.
We drove through the rain
my head turning at all the sights
the green was everywhere I looked
and I wanted to soak up as much as I possibly could.
So I kept looking out the window
sparking up joints & cigarettes
passing a lit Parliament to Katie, who was driving.
"Thanks baby." She said,
squeezing my hand
that lay in her lap.
We listened to a play list that we both shared
playing all of our songs
the soundtrack to this long distance love.
When we pulled into town
Katie immediately pointed to a large hill
just to our left
"That's the school from 'Kindergarten Cop'."
"Oh cool."
Arnold's voice echoed inside my head, "It's not a tumor..."
We parked the car and found the place we were going to eat.
A seafood place, that had a big glass panel
in the floor
where one could observe sea lions
resting on some wooden planks below
thankful to be given refuge from
the Great White Sharks
that lay in wait for them
just beyond the edge of the safety of shore.
I was also feeling like I had been given
some kind of reprieve
a little break
from my lonely, day to day life, back in Phoenix.
We took our seats at the table and browsed through the menu.
On the way up there
Katie had mentioned how much she
loved sauerkraut
and I admitted to never eating it before.
So when I looked at the menu
I saw that they had a bratwurst with sauerkraut on it
so I ordered it.
Along with a cup of their fresh clam chowder.
"You like clam chowder?" Katie asked, after the server walked away.
"I don't know. Never tried it before, actually. I figured since, I'm already trying one new thing, then why not try another?"
We got a 'flight' of beers
the little wooden thing with the little glasses
we quickly sorted out which ones
I liked
and which ones
I didn't.
Katie ended up taking most of the IPA's
the real 'hoppy' beers.
My favorite beer is Old Style
so I mainly just stuck to the lagers.
When that cup of clam chowder came to the table
I tell you what
it was so good
Katie took a video of me with her phone
savoring bite after bite
of that seafood deliciousness.
The brat had too many mustard seeds on it though
and the sauerkraut wasn't all that great to me.
Had me wishing I had gotten an entire bowl of that chowder.
Even just thinking about it now, makes me wish I had some more.
We got drinks at a bar down the street
at a place called Inferno Lounge
that overlooked the little bay
perfect view of the ships and the water.
We sipped our drinks
watched little tugboats go on by
seeing sea lions breaching and swimming all around.
The bar was playing every good Lowrider Oldies jam
known to man.
'Try Me' by James Brown
'Angel Baby' by Rosie & The Originals
'Tell It Like It Is' by Aaron Neville
'Kiss & Say Goodbye' by The Manhattans.
All the jams a vato loves.
The massive ships in the bay
holding hundreds of shipping containers
we couldn't tell if the ships were moving or not.
"I swear, that one is in a different position than it was five minutes ago."
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're moving honey."
We took pictures on the boardwalk
smiling
huggin' & kissin'
just so goddamn happy
to be there
together.
We got back in the car and started driving again
for a moment, I forgot what we were doing altogether
and before I knew it
at the end of the long road
we were driving down
I saw the ocean.
It had been years since I'd seen it.
Endless & infinite.
Katie took a hard left and raced down the beach
other cars dotting the landscape all around us.
She flew down the sand
leaving all other vehicles behind us
stopping at a nice deserted spot.
We both got out
and walked toward the ocean waves
curling big, violent, and white,
off in the distance.
The salty ocean air in our noses
the chilly breeze tickling our faces.
I wrapped my arms around Katie's waist
and lightly kissed the back of her neck.
A car pulled up next to us and just sat there
so we got back in and drove as far away
as we possibly could.
As soon as we parked
we began kissing
hard & passionate,
breathing through our noses.
"You wanna get in the backseat?" She asked.
"How about on the hood of the car?" I shot back.
"No....backseat." She gasped, in-between kisses.
I broke away from the kiss
and got in the backseat.
Katie pulled her pants down
to her knees.
I got it in
and we worked it real good.
Both of us, looking up every few seconds
making sure a car wasn't coming.
But there weren't any cars coming
the only thing coming that day
was us.
We both finished in record time
and kissed hard afterwards.
"I fuckin' love you." I said, trying to catch my breath.
"I love you."
I got out of the car
and popped my long-sleeve 'Bathory' shirt off
it was chilly outside
but I was burning up
that really hit the spot.
I stood shirtless
facing the ocean
the white waves
curling on the horizon.
Breathing what felt like fire
my heart racing a mile a minute.
She walked up behind me
wrapped her arms around my chest
and kissed the side of my neck.
I took her hand in mine and held it tight.
We shared a silence together
for a moment
watching the waves crash
far off on the horizon.
Staring at the great big world
that lay ahead of us
all the while
our little world
of our own creation
sitting right there
in the palms of our hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home