Monday, March 24, 2014

Special Ed Math, Speech, Aliens, & Past Lives w/ Mrs.Murphy


Reading & writing came very easily to me
I was ahead of the class on that
but math made no sense to me whatsoever.
I also had a really bad stutter.
So during fifth grade
once a day
I was sent to a special tutor
in a little room with two other kids 
to work on math and my speech.
The lady tutor was a fat lady with long grey hair
and thick glasses in old silver frames.
She'd have me work on some math problems
using an old, green screen, computer using a circus themed math program.
A lot of the time, when my work was done
her and I would just sit and talk.
About commonplace stuff most of the time,
but then one day
she started telling me about 
her encounters with extraterrestrials
the strange test and experiments
that were performed on her
She said, that she had given birth
to an alien/human hybrid.
I was a kid and she was an adult, so I believed her.
Why would she make that up?
"Where's your alien baby now?"
"Well, they took it away the moment he was born and then they sent me back to Earth. So...I don't really know what happened to my baby."
The next day, Mrs.Murphy explained to me
reincarnation
and told me about how in one of her previous lives
she was a Buddhist monk.
A man.
That one was really confusing to me.
So later that night at home
I asked my Mom about it
told her what Mrs.Murphy had said
and my Mom just got mad.
Said she was gonna go to the principal and shit.
I begged her not to
to please not to
that it was secret and I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.
But she went to the school the next day
and after that day
I never saw Mrs.Murphy again.
I couldn't help but feel bad.
Even though my mom and the principal
said that Mrs.Murphy made it all up
and was sick in the head
I still wished I had never said anything.
Mrs.Murphy was nice to me
and I hate thinking about her sitting at home
without a job.
It was all my fault
and I've never stopped feeling guilty about it.
Seventeen years later, I still feel the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home